Whether you’re heading off to a utilitarian college dormitory or a tiny beige-box (if you’re lucky) apartment, the waning of summer often turns thoughts to maximizing life in a small space. The good news is that you can do it in style, thanks to gorgeous and clever products that help you make the most of what you’re working with.
Decorating a small space is almost a blessing in disguise because you are working with serious limitations and that forces you to choose wisely and carefully. To get started, all you need to do is pick a style and a color palette. With that established, you’re able to hone in on the things that will enhance a tiny footprint and a neutral (and sometimes dreary!) envelope. We chose a boho look in pastels and landed on these great products.
- Round Jute Rug from Serena & Lily
- Magnifique Print from Minted
- Cantilever Floor Lamp Brass – Threshold™ from Target
- Firefly String Lights from Urban Outfitters
- Danya B. Gold A to Z Glass Bookends from Overstock.com
- Cinema Box LED Light from Urban Outfitters
- Altra Owen Espresso/ Teal Retro Desk from Overstock.com
- Harper Blvd Wall Mount Hooked Arrow from Overstock.com
- Plum & Bow Mia Medallion Comforter Snooze Set from Urban Outfitters
- Furlicious Beanbag, Small from PB teen
- Victorian Whale Bookends from Anthropologie
- Factory Side Table from Urban Outfitters
Magical Thinking Kushi Macrame Wall Hanging from Urban Outfitters
We hope this inspired you to dream a bit bigger for your tiny digs. Do you have a style or palette that you love? Share with us in the comments section or on our Facebook page.
Next Up: Smart Storage for Small Spaces
© Caruth Studio